Monday, March 16, 2015
Going on a spring break trip can be very exciting and fun when it is planned correctly. Things can go wrong quite easily when safety is not a top priority. Here are some things to keep in mind to help keep you safe during your spring break while still having the time of your life!
- When making reservations for your flight, ask about trip insurance. If something goes wrong and you cannot make your flight, you will want to be sure you can catch another one without being charged or losing the money you already paid.
- Clearly mark your luggage and lock it. It seems that every suitcase that comes around the baggage claim carousel looks the same. Set yours apart so you can grab it quickly. Also, lock it with a simple zip tie before you hand it in so you can tell if it has been tampered with when you receive it.
- Carry your prescriptions in your purse or carry-on. You do not know if you will be able to get additional scripts if your luggage is lost. To save yourself the trouble, just keep the prescriptions in your carry-on. Be sure you keep them in their original bottles to avoid any problems.
- Don’t post pictures to social media. You will probably be excited, but posting pictures of yourself while you are on vacation basically tells would-be criminals “Hey! I’m not home right now!” Save those pictures for an online album when you get back home.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Relaxing is a great thing to do on vacation, but do not relax so much that you forget to watch your drink at the bar or pay attention at the ATM. Just because you are on vacation, criminals are not. Stay safe and always let someone know where you are.
- Most importantly, have fun!